I have well and truely had enough of this cold cold cold weather. It feels like it has been a six month long winter. Not only does it mean we have spent little time outside, it has been mean mean mean on Ayla’s skin.
The lastest cold spell (March!!!) has really hit Ayla hard. Just when we should be thinking of stripping off and getting some fresh air Ayla has had a massive flare up. Probably the worst she has been for 2 years and has reduced me to tears.
It has not been like the flare ups of old though. Ever since Ayla has been dairy and wheat free she has pretty much been flare up free too. This flare up wasn’t all over but for the first time ever her poor little face has been soooo sore. She has had cracked skin under her ear lobes, an infected sore above her lip (where she has licked her dry lips, causing them to become dry and cracked…which then became infected) and eczema all along her hair line.
Added to this she had an infection to the eczema behind her knees from scratching at the dry skin. But thankfully after a few weeks hard work she is looking good again. This is what we did to clean it up!!!……
1) Emuvate on skin infection behind knees twice a day for two days.
2) Creaming up every two hours (luckily it was the weekend!!) and wearing of sleepsuits all day and night for two days.
3) Germolene cream on cracked skin behind knees after infection had gone to help healing process. Also used on ears.
4) Cold sore cream on lip to stop infection every hour for two days. Then normal cream as dry.
5) Anto-dandruff shampoo every other day/every three days. Relieves itching and helps with flaky skin.
It has been hard work…but I am sure like any parent reading this blog I would do anything to make Ayla’s eczema away!! So please hurry up warmer weather…we need some naked time!!